- Information for Grant Seekers
- Nonprofit Toolkit
- Letters of Intent
- RFP - Summer Grant Cycle
- RFP - Winter Grant Cycle
- Special Interest Grants
- The Roanoke Women's Foundation
- Roanoke Valley Gives
- Past Initiatives
- Mid-Year/Final Grant Reports
- Technical Assistance & Capacity Building
- Tips for Creating a Strong Grant Application
- Update Your Organization's Info
Confirmed in Compliance with
National Standards for U.S. Community Foundations.
Arts and Culture as drivers of Economic Development: Grants to carefully selected Roanoke Valley arts and culture projects that have an important and identifiable economic development component, strongly contribute to the overall vibrancy of the community, and which otherwise might not be possible.
Grant funding specifically limited to:
- the production of public art work;
- the production of community-wide arts and cultural events and performances; or
- bringing major arts and cultural exhibits to the Valley.
2015 Grant Recipient
Taubman Museum of Art – To underwrite the Museum’s landmark exhibition of the work of Brazilian born artist and environmentalist Vik Muniz.
Pictured L to R: Jenna Nelson, Support Service and Grants Coordinator; Amy Moorefield, Deputy Director of Exhibitions and Collections; Carly Oliver, FRV Associate Director; Della Watkins, Museum Executive Director.
2014 Grant Recipient
Mill Mountain Theatre – To underwrite the Summer Theatre Program in Roanoke’s Market Square.
Pictured L to R: Cynthia Lawrence, MMT Board Vice-President; Ginger Poole Avis, MMT Producing Artistic Director; Nancy Dye, FRV Board Member; Michelle Eberly, FRV Program Officer
2013 Grant Recipient
City of Roanoke – To provide major underwriting for the City’s “Parks and Arts” program for 2014.
Pictured are members of the Roanoke Arts Commission with FRV staff