- Information for Grant Seekers
- Nonprofit Toolkit
- Letters of Intent
- RFP - Summer Grant Cycle
- RFP - Winter Grant Cycle
- Special Interest Grants
- The Roanoke Women's Foundation
- Roanoke Valley Gives
- Past Initiatives
- Mid-Year/Final Grant Reports
- Technical Assistance & Capacity Building
- Tips for Creating a Strong Grant Application
- Update Your Organization's Info
Confirmed in Compliance with
National Standards for U.S. Community Foundations.
Roanoke Valley Gives will take place on Wednesday, March 15, 2017 from 12:00 a.m. until 11:59 p.m. It is a day of community giving! One of the primary goals is to empower those who love the community to easily support their favorite causes or charitable organizations.
Foundation for Roanoke Valley has teamed up with Click & Pledge for this annual event to allow you to give directly to participating nonprofit organizations that positively impact our community every day.
So, mark your calendars and "give where you live"!
Did your organization miss Roanoke Valley Gives 2016 and would like to participate in 2017? If yes, click here.
Are you a returning Roanoke Valley Gives nonprofit participant? If yes, click here.
What is the goal of Roanoke Valley Gives?
Foundation for Roanoke Valley's goal is to generate $500,000 for participating Roanoke Valley nonprofit organizations in a 24-hour period. Additionally, Foundation for Roanoke Valley is investing $10,500 to establish the incentive prize pool with a goal of generating over $50,000 from the corporate community and fundholders to provide prize money (in the form of grants) to participating nonprofits. This incentive prize pool is a great way to build excitement and maximize the benefits for donors and participating nonprofits!
Would you like to support Roanoke Valley Gives? Click here to learn more about incentive prize pool sponsorship opportunities!
Why are we doing this?
To empower the community to be more engaged in philanthropy by:
- bringing as many people as possible together around giving
- showing Roanoke Valley's spirit of giving
- raising awareness in the community about the many services our nonprofit community provides
- creating more unrestricted dollars in an economy where more is being required with fewer resources
- to build the next generation of philanthropists for the Roanoke Valley.
How does Roanoke Valley Gives work?
Foundation for Roanoke Valley will set up an online platform through Click & Pledge with searchable profiles of participating nonprofits. Donors of all levels will choose the cause or nonprofit organization(s) most important to them and make a secure online donation. All donations will ONLY be processed through the Roanoke Valley Gives platform. Anyone can donate to their favorite nonprofits from March 15, 2017 at 12:00 a.m. through 11:59 p.m. Nonprofits and donors can track progress throughout the 24-hour event. Foundation for Roanoke Valley will promote Roanoke Valley Gives through a marketing campaign; however, we need your help! In order to get the word out, participating nonprofits and Roanoke Valley Gives donors will be the driving force to help make this event successful!
Roanoke Valley Gives Sponsorship Opportunities!
Please contact Carly Oliver or Alan Ronk to begin. Sponsorships are available at a variety of levels.
|Carly Oliver, Associate Directorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Alan Ronk, Executive Directoremail@example.com|
Click here to learn more about Roanoke Valley Gives.
Click here to learn more about Roanoke Valley Gives Sponsorship Opportunities and benefits.
How can my business partner with Foundation for Roanoke Valley? Click here to download the corporate sponsorship form and support Roanoke Valley Gives!
Are you a Foundation fundholder? Click here to download a grant recommendation form and support Roanoke Valley Gives!
Please return sponsorship forms to Carly Oliver, P.O. Box 1159, Roanoke, VA 24011.
For a complete list of sponsors, please click here.
Who can participate?
- Anyone can make a donation to participating nonprofits; however, all donations MUST BE made on the Roanoke Valley Gives website. Only gifts of $10 or more made on the Roanoke Valley Gives website will be counted toward incentive prizes.
- A 501(c)3 organization that:
- is located in and serves the counties of Botetourt, Craig, Franklin, Roanoke and/or the cities of Roanoke and Salem;
- creates a Click & Pledge account;
- establishes a profile on the Roanoke Valley Gives website; and
- commits to actively participate in Roanoke Valley Gives day.
Nonprofit Training Information
- Roanoke Valley Gives Newcomers Informational Session (12/2/16)
- Roanoke Valley Gives 2017 Kickoff Event (12/8/16)
Past Training Information:
- Roanoke Valley Gives: How to Sign Up (with Click & Pledge)
- November 16, 2015
- Click here to view recorded webinar!
- Visit https://rvgives.givebig.org to view more training opportunities and to register!!
- Register Your Nonprofit - In order to participate in Roanoke Valley Gives you MUST register to have a page for your nonprofit. Register by February 1, 2017 to participate in Roanoke Valley Gives.
- Get Ready for the Giving Day - Tips to make the most of the Second Annual Roanoke Valley Gives day on March 15, 2017!
- Roanoke Valley Gives Guidelines (NEW 2017!)
- Nonprofit FAQs
- Technical Support: Information on where to seek support for Ronaoke Valley Gives on March 15, 2017. Be sure to reference Roanoke Valley Gives when submitting a support ticket.
- 10 Tips for Social Media Success
- Social Media Toolkit - An in-depth guide on making the most of social media
- Roanoke Valley Gives Interactive Workbook (NEW 2017!)- An interactive workbook to help create, plan and implement your Roanoke Valley Gives day!
- How to Become a Fundraiser - A step-by-step guide to become a fundraiser for your favorite organization!
- How to Be a CHAMPION (2016 Version)
- Building Out Your Profile Page - Small Group Training Materials (NEW 2017!)
- Roanoke Valley Gives 2016 Evaluation Report (NEW!)
Press Release (01/12/17): Foundation for Roanoke Valley Announces Second Year of Major Community Initiative